... This program takes place in orphanages, community centers or after school where children are provided safety, a loving and stimulating environment so that they can have better perspectives in the future.
All children deserve a safe and happy education, and this program aims to offer that opportunity to those who society has largely forgotten.
+ How you can help?
- Your work may vary but generally the children who attend these projects require a lot of care, attention and most importantly companionship.
- It is important to help them first with their homework, then do group games, feeding and assisting them with their hygiene, organizing fun activities during their free time such as sports or play at the park.
- If you are akin to the arts can also support developing musical and singing activities such as Karaoke, children also love to dance and follow the moves of their “teacher”, others like to draw, paint, make crafts or perform theater, in short, innumerable activities. In this aspect we ask a lot of the creativity and the ability of the volunteer.
- Many times those responsible for each project will have to leave for reasons of urgency or meetings and you will be asked to replace them as the case may be. Do not be afraid it’s nothing you cannot handle!
- Have an intermediate level of Spanish to interact with children and local staff, I recommend it!
- It is important to emphasize that, first of all, all applicants must have a genuine willingness to help, show impulse and initiative, and have a very affectionate, open and 'I can do' positive attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you in the team!
- This project is open the whole year from monday to friday from 14:30 to 18:00 hrs, If you want to work with male teenagers and you have a good level of Spanish you can go in the mornings from 9:30 - 12:00 hrs (previous coordination)
+ A day as a volunteer
This project offers an average of 4 hours of daily work. The schedule will be the following:
1:00pm Lunch at host family accomodation.
2:00pm Walk or bus to project site.
2:30pm: Volunteer tasks start.
6:00pm: Volunteer tasks end.
7:00pm: Dinner at host family accomodation.
Note: When you have free time in the morning you´ll be able to explore the city, plan a short/long trip or other activity during the week(end).